by James Buchanan
The liberals got what they claimed they wanted last week: Christine Blasey-Ford testified before the Senate so everyone in the Senate now has heard her amazingly fact-free accusation which still lacks a date and time or even a street address.
Are the liberals happy now? Are they content that a woman with absolutely no supporting evidence was allowed to speak before the Senate and drone on for hour after hour?
Of course not! Now the Democrats are all screaming in unison for at least an additional week of FBI investigations –never mind the fact that the FBI has already done six investigations of Brett Kavanaugh and this seventh investigation is a needless waste of time and money.
The smarter people out there already know that this is a Democrat tactic of smear and repeat. It never ends. When the Republicans eventually do shut down the FBI investigation, the Democrats will scream like banshees that the Republicans are obstructing justice and are disrespecting all the female Kavanaugh accusers, who have been dropping from trees like fresh nuts.
An L.A. Times article notes “What does Ms. Ford gain by lying… by derailing Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination, she instantly becomes a Democratic and feminist heroine: Just look at her, she single-handedly saved America from the evil Brett Kavanaugh’s ascension to the Supreme Court; isn’t she just wonderful? Surely, the talk shows will be clamoring to interview such a brave and wonderful woman.”
Even if she fails, and it’s proven beyond any doubt that she was lying continuously for the last two months, she will be a hero among liberal academics. She will be invited to all the best parties and she’ll become an “expert” on sexual attacks and harassment frequently appearing on CNN and MSNBC.
A Breitbart article reports “Even what Dr. Ford remembers doesn’t add up.”
“According to Dr. Ford: She attended a house party miles from her home. She had one beer. There were four or five other people at the party, including her best friend, Leland Ingham Keyser. Brett (Kavanaugh) and Mark (Judge) were already drunk and belligerent. She went upstairs to use the bathroom. Suddenly she was attacked from behind and shoved into a bedroom. Brett and Mark turned the music up so no one would hear her scream as they attempted to rape her. She got away. Locked herself in a bathroom. She waited until it was safe; until she heard Brett and Mark “ping pong” off the walls down the stairs. After it was safe, she ran down the stairs and left the house. She cannot remember who drove her to the party or how she got home.”
- “In a suburban home in Maryland there was no downstairs bathroom?
- She didn’t hear two very drunk and belligerent boys try to sneak up on her?
- Why was music already on in a room no one was using?
- Wouldn’t blasting the music ensure someone came upstairs to see what was going on, especially whoever’s house it was? This is completely counterintuitive to criminal behavior.
- After she locked herself in the bathroom, Brett and Mark didn’t try to get at her? Didn’t jiggle the doorknob? Didn’t try to claim they were kidding? All tuned up for a rape, they just gave up and went downstairs like nothing happened?
- She left without telling her best friend?
- She left without WARNING her friend there were two rapists in the house?
- No one asked why she was leaving or found it strange enough to ask her the following day why she just vanished from the party?
- She can remember how many beers she had (one) but not whose house she was in, how she got home, the date, the place, how many people were there (sometimes it’s 4, or 5 or 6), or anything solid?”
“The only way her story adds up is if you are trying to weave the stuff of Kafka, where the accused cannot grab hold of something to clear himself, not even with an alibi because there is no where or when. In this respect, it is all a tad too neat.”
“As harrowing as her story is, upon close examination, nothing about it makes any sense.”
“Then we come to the most damaging elements, the facts and contradictions that actually do undermine Dr. Ford’s credibility:”
- “From A to Z she has aligned herself with the far-left. Look at the politicians and newspaper (Washington Post) she approached, the highly partisan lawyers she hired, and the talking points she parrots to stall Kavanaugh’s confirmation (afraid to fly, demanding an FBI investigation).
- She lied about her fear of flying. There is no question about this. In order to stall the Committee, her attorneys claimed the 1982 event had so damaged Dr. Ford she cannot be in confined spaces, most especially an airplane; so the hearing would have to wait a week. But now we know she flies all the time. Without being sarcastic, you can call her a world traveler. She travels the world for pleasure. Travel is her passion.
- There is no clean way to lay out exactly what happened, but there is no doubt Dr. Ford’s activist lawyers received the Committee’s offer to fly out to California to meet with Ford in private, and that Team Ford turned down this offer for mercenary reasons: to slow down the confirmation process (the number one goal of Democrats) and to avoid an in-depth interview of Dr. Ford by a skilled professional.
- Every single witness — Every. Single. One. — named by Ford refutes her testimony. Every person she named as being at that house party either says they remember no such thing or that it did not happen. One of those witnesses is her lifelong friend, Leland Ingham Keyser, which bring me to something that must be said…
- Again, I know I am not supposed to say this, but I thought Dr. Ford’s mask slipped more than a little when, during her Thursday testimony, she dropped her lifelong friend in the grease and did so in front of the whole world. Ford basically called Keyser a liar who was too sickly and ill to bother to tell the truth.
- This may be a small thing, but a college professor with a PhD doesn’t know what “exculpatory” means?
- Dr. Ford’s polygraph is a joke. She was only asked two very broad questions about a “statement” — Is any part of your statement false? Did you make up any part of your statement? — Because she will not supply video or audio of the polygraph session, how can we know what statement she was asked about? There were no specific questions about the actual event, Kavanaugh, or an attempted sexual assault. Polygraphs are sketchy enough, this one is a farce.
- Ford refuses to give the Committee her therapist’s notes, even after she showed them (or part of them) to the Washington Post. When your credibility is on the line, you hold nothing back.”
The Senate got to hear all that information. They are the judge and jury and the investigators here. There is really nothing for the FBI to investigate. Blasey-Ford has never given anyone an address and four out of five “witnesses” say no such party took place, including her female friend, Leland Ingham-Keyser.
There is no crime scene to investigate. Even if there were, it would be 36 years old.
What the Democrats want to happen over the next week is NOT an investigation, they want more fake sex accusers to step forward so that they can tell their stories on CNN and spineless Republicans are brow-beaten into letting more female accusers with zero credibility slander Brett Kavanaugh.
The Republicans should end this circus as soon as possible. Thanks to the feckless Jeff Flake we appear to be committed to wasting another week on this.
It’s understandable to some extent that Blasey-Ford was allowed to speak before the Senate since many Americans are still largely ignorant about this case and have only heard propaganda from Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper.
Hopefully, people will have noticed that Blasey-Ford never shed one tear during that performance talking about the most traumatic event of her life. In my opinion, Blasey-Ford, who led a wild party-girl lifestyle starting at age 14 going to parties with older boys, probably did go to the wrong place at the wrong time and got sexually assaulted or gang-raped, but NOT by Kavanaugh. I totally don’t believe it was a mere groping from 36 years ago that has caused all this mental anguish. In fact, Blasey-Ford admitted that her PTSD was made “worse,” but never explained what event gave her PTSD in the first place. We only seem to get brief glimpses of the truth regarding Ms. Ford by reading between the lines.
Judge Jeanine mentioned the possibility of what-could-happen when using a hypnotist to recover memories, which often leads to “confabulation” –a memory error defined as the production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive.
Let’s say Blasey-Ford was attacked 36 years ago and was too drunk to remember the attackers. She goes to a hypnotist in June or July of 2018, who puts her into an altered state. In the back of her mind she’s hoping that the boy who attacked her was Brett Kavanaugh so she can be the person who keeps him off the Supreme Court. The hypnosis session then produces the result she wanted to hear, not an account of what really happened.
We may never know if Blasey-Ford is a cold-blooded deliberate slanderer, who thinks protecting abortion is worth committing perjury and destroying an innocent man’s reputation or if Blasey-Ford is being used by unscrupulous Democrats, who know that hypnosis was used to produce her version of events, which might as well have been produced by voodoo.
All the real concrete, verifiable evidence shows that Blasey-Ford is either wrong or lying and that Brett Kavanaugh and three other witnesses are telling the truth. The Senate has all the information that it needs. They should quit wasting time and playing into the hands of the Democrats, finish the FBI investigation and hold the confirmation vote as soon as possible.